NEED SOME HELP?
How am I supposed to exercise if I'm stuck at home and my gym is closed?
This is a really uncertain time for everybody, and we can only do our best in the circumstances.
Many things are out of our control, such as being able to get the right foods from supermarkets, HOWEVER, the one thing you're very much still in control of is your exercise, so get those calories burning!
Some tips for getting moving while self isolating...
- If you can go outside still, do that. Keep your distance from others and stay active.
- If you can't go outside...
- Make use of that exercise bike/cross trainer that's been your 2nd wardrobe for a couple of years
- Pop your favourite garbage TV show on a jog on the spot. 15k steps can be achieved in 90 minutes of jogging on the spot
- JALAL! (Jump Around Like A Lunatic) - Check out the special Team RH PARTY JALAL Playlist... Spotify JALAL Playlist
- Play games with your kids - their active little legs will keep you running around
- Get Spring Cleaning! After all, you'll be stuck inside a while, it may as well be a nice environment!
- Get some HIIT Cardio in. Search in the Official Members Group on Facebook for "hiit workout" to find a great selection of videos
- Do Seated Cardio - have a look on this article here
- If you have no equipment to workout from home, alter your app to "no workouts". This will keep your calorie deficit in line.
- If you DO have equipment, there's nothing stopping you smashing out your workouts from home! "Equipment" includes (but is not limited to)...
- Suspension Trainer
- Resistance Bands
- Water bottles
- Tins of beans
- Anything heavy around the house (although, be careful!)
For advice on nutrition during times of self isolation, have a look here:
COVID-19 - Nutrition