NEED SOME HELP?
How many reps and sets should I do?
At Team RH, we recommend following the 8-12 Rep Rule!
After you complete a set, consider this rep rule.
(You should do this after every single set)
12 reps = go heavier next set
11 reps = go heavier next set
10 reps = stay at same weight
9 reps = go lighter next set
8 reps = go lighter next set
- You should not be able to do same amount of reps for 3 consecutive sets, this means you’re messing about and not pushing yourself.
- Always do 3 - 4 sets, how do you define whether it’s 3 or 4? if you hit 11/12 reps on first set then do 4 sets total as that one wasn't enough and didn’t really count. If you hit 8/9/10 reps then only do 3 sets.
- Don’t play on your phone between sets, this is a losers attitude- you have to be focused.
- Don’t spend 20 mins talking to Betty in middle of workout, talk after, if she comes over to speak to you and you tell her you’re busy and she takes the huff then f#ck her. She ain’t really a friend. If she cares for you she will understand and speak after.
- Don’t compare yourself to others, heavy is what is heavy to you, so everyone can lift heavy. Just make sure to push yourself. You're not weak, your strength is what is it, use the appropriate weight as a tool to progress to the next level.
DO NOT PAY ATTENTION to anyone around you. You’re a beast waiting to be unleashed, go and own your workout and be the best version of yourself!